Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kris E-portfolio 1

When I log into the website for the City of Edmonton, I scroll down to the bottom. When I get there I see links to three websites, FaceBook, Twitter, and Youtube.


When I went onto the facebook page, the first thing I saw was, of course, their wall. On March 2, 2010, the top of the wall said that the deadline for the Best Neighbour Award nominations had been extended to March 15. It then proceeds to give more information on the awards. Most of the wall is similar to this, actually. It just gives news and announcements that the city has to say, from job postings to public washrooms to yoga sessions in City Hall. The wall does claim "The City of Edmonton Official Fan Page! Get all of your updates on City of Edmonton News and Events here."


There is not much in the info section, just links and a comment policy. so I moved on to the events page. it looks just like any other events page, just a list of events, It includes "Winter Light," Yoga, and open houses. after that is a page of the city's tweets, which I will cover when I cover the city's twitter. The rest of the page is really nothing spectacular. Job openings, photos, notes, and a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment